Last modified: 24.05.2018
Close to You Foundation (“WISE”, “WISE.TRAVEL”, “Social Company”, “We” or “us") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy and any other documents referred to in it describe the personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide on this website wise.travel (our "Website") (which may link to other websites owned and operated by Close to You Foundation and our affiliated companies, hereinafter referred to as the “WISE Family”) and how that information may be used or disclosed by us.
This policy does not apply to information collected on any third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website, unless such third-party site or third-party application includes links to this policy.
Memberships for Users under the Age of Majority
WISE is not intended for children under 18-21 years of age, depending on each country regulation. No one under the age of minority may provide any personal information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the legal age. Please do not register on WISE, make any purchases through the website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address if you are considered a minor in your country. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a person under the legal age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. Exceptions apply for booking purchases made by WISE members that include children accommodation, with their consent.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
· Information you provide to us in order to ensure your travel services will be delivered without any issues. This is related to first and last name, email address, occupancy in each room and birthday. This information is also shared with our vendors in order to ensure vouchers are generated to serve as proof when you reach the hotel's reception or when you meet car rental representatives to pick up your car rental or when you meet with one of our tour guides, etc. as part of all experience purchases.
· Information we collect as you navigate through the website, including usage details, last viewed travel services, funnels, IP addresses, operating system, browser type, display resolution, to ensure a user-friendly interface.
· Information you provide for financial invoices such as your full name, address and company ID.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
· Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
· Your search queries on the Website.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies
· Usage Details and IP Addresses. As you navigate through the Website, we may also collect details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our staff. This is general statistical data about our users' equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual member.
· Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single - pixel gifs) that permit Google Analytics and our live chat services to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Website, and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the Website.
Transfer, Storage and Processing of the Information We Collect from You
All information we collect from you will be transferred to, stored and processed in Romania, part of the European Union, where our head office is based. Please note we do not store any credit card information whatsoever. We make every effort to look after your information in accordance with this policy, and you should be aware that the law and practices in Romania related to the rights of law enforcement agencies to access and monitor your data and communications may be different from what happens in your country. We comply with Romanian and European Union legal requirements.
You are responsible for any content, including personal information, that you contribute to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on the Website, or transmit to other users of the Web site (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to other users of the Website at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
We may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes, please send us an email with the subject line “unsubscribe” to privacy[@]wise.travel.
We do not disclose your personally identifiable information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregated information about our users (for example, how many users clicked on their advertisement, in a specific period of time). We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience. Even though we only disclose aggregate information that is not personally - identifiable to advertisers without your consent, when you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may assume that you meet the target criteria they selected.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information that you provide via this Website to the following third parties:
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
If you have provided personal information when registering to receive services or information, you can review and update your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page and making changes with the exception of your name, and Tax Identification Details. To change the name or Tax Identification Details on an account, the account holder must contact us at email@example.com. If you have forgotten your password, once you have tried to register and failed, you can click on the "Forgot your password?" link to reach a page on which you can submit your email address. Your password will then be emailed to you.
You may also send us an email at privacy[@]wise.travel to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except deleting your user account.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and personally identifiable information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.