Grecian Bay Hotel, Kryou Nerou, Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Endless blue-sky days and a coastline riddled with sandy pockets helped transform this village into the Mediterranean's summer clubbing capital in the 1990s. Hundreds of clubs and bars set up shop to cater for hedonist-seeking crowds flocking here between June and August and, a couple of decades on, for young Europeans from London to Moscow, Napa (as many visitors refer to it) is still where the party is at its hardest.
One of Europe's most famous party resorts, Ayia Napa, is one of the stars of the Mediterranean island nation of Cyprus. With its year round warm weather and sandy beach it is easy to see why the resort is so popular. In summer the bars and clubs boom with international DJs and holidaymakers from all over Europe, while families are also welcome in this fully-fledged resort that has grown rapidly from the simple fishing village it was only a few decades ago. The rest of this holiday island is also blessed with beaches, resorts and tourist attractions that are easily accessible from Ayia Napa.
Ayia Napa is Greek for "Saint Napa", the patron saint of the town, whose Venetian-era monastery is in the centre of the town, next to the square which today is clubbing central...
Located in the far eastern end of the Cypriot Republic, adjacent to the UK Sovereign Base, Ayia Napa has become synonymous with clubbing on the island, having made a transition in recent years from a popular, all-ages family holiday destination to a "dance party capital", similar to Ibiza in Spain. In particular, it has become popular as the summer holiday destination for followers of London's UK Garage music scene. British tourists are still the most prevalent here, but recent years have also seen a significant increase in the number of Russians holidaying in the area. It is also a long-time favourite among Scandinavians.
Beyond the clubbing, however, Ayia Napa attracts tourists world-wide on account of its fun-loving (some would say, totally hedonistic) outlook by night and its sandy Mediterranean beaches by day.
In the past few decades, Ayia Napa (Aya Napa / Agia Napa) has transformation from a tiny fishing village into an enormous and high-spirited tourist resort, famous for its wonderful beaches and celebrated nightlife. The incredible beaches of Ayia Napa are simply beautiful and combined with endless Cypriot sunshine, calm blue waters and often nearby bars, really are a great place to relax. Nissi Beach, Grecian Bay and Makronisos Beach are all extremely popular and very nearby, while those around Cape Greco are also of a high standard and a good place to watch people jumping into the sea from the rocks.
• The Black Pearl pirate boat is the biggest pirate boat to plunder the Mediterranean Sea. Originally named The Wicked wench, the vessel was raised from the sea bed by Davy Jones, after making a pact with Jack Sparrow, who rechristened her the Black Pearl. She is said to be "nigh uncatchable".
• The charming medieval monastery Agia Napa, dedicated to "Our Lady of the Forests" stands in the centre of the village, next to the main square, surrounded by a high wall.
• Cavo Greco National Park, located in the south-eastern part of Cyprus, in Ayia Napa, attracts many visitors as it is an area of unique natural beauty, where one can admire magnificent rock formations, crystal clear blue waters and more than 36 different orchid species and over 80 species of birds.
• WaterWorld, situated on the Ayia Thekla road two kilometers outside Ayia Napa is the biggest themed water park in Cyprus and in fact one of the biggest in the world! More than 100,000 square meters of fun and relaxation has made WaterWorld equally popular with locals and tourists alike.
• Ayia Napa is a great place to try diving for the first time and also has some more advanced and interesting dive sites for more experienced divers. The rocky sea bottom around Ayia Napa, Cape Greco and Protaras delivers a huge variety of caves, tunnels, rock formations and canyons to explore and has an abundance of fish and other sea life and the crystal clear waters provide excellent visibility up to 50 metres.
• No Visit to Ayia Napa is complete without some time spent at Nissi Beach. It's not only Ayia Napa's biggest daytime hot spot but one of the most popular beaches on the whole island of Cyprus.
This luxury five star hotel is situated on the most beautiful sandy beach in Cyprus with breathtaking views of the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea. The complex offers a world of amenities together with exceptional service and friendly staff. Along with our 3 restaurants, coffee shop, bars, spa and wellness center the Grecian Bay is renowned for its pleasant and welcoming atmosphere. We will ensure that your stay with us will be truly memorable.
Check in :
Check out : 12:00 PM
This vacation stands under our "do good travelling" guarantee. Our projects impact some of the most disadvantaged people, who not only gain access to jobs, but also redefine their identity and role in society. 100% of the revenue will go directly where needed the most!